Few words and videos about happiness, hugs, improvisation and dance.
# Is there a way how to be happy?
There was a question on Quora: Why do we need to hug and to be hugged?
In short: we need at least 8 hugs a day in order to:
- to be happy (by boosting oxytocin levels)
- to feel good (it lowers your blood pressure, especially helpful if you’re feeling anxious)
- to be healthier (hugs strengthen the immune system)
- to have less stress and sleep better (it lowers cortisol)
# How to be hugged?
Probably, we become more hugs when we are young: from our parents and grandparents.
There are many other ways to get it for adults as well, the most obvious:
- to have a life partner
- to have a kid
- to have a pet
- to hug a friend
And there are also other ways, which I want to talk about today:
- Free Hugs
- Contact Improvisation, Contango